Thursday, September 9, 2010

Watching It Work.

It was SO good to be back in Dwaleni for the first time in weeks today! Our biggest feeding program was cancelled during the strike because of lack of local volunteers and the children being dispersed all around the community.

The kids looked great.... They were bright and shiny and huggy and absolutely perfect. They are ecstatic to be back at school and starting the feeding scheme again was like a family reunion. (Except there was no karaoke machine.)

I know I just posted about this, but I HAD to show you. You NEED to see what your prayers are doing. You need to get as close as you can to a hug from these children. It's just not fair that I got all the hugs and kisses today... had to show you a few of the precious little faces they were coming from.

And, Alyssa, this is worth writing for everyone to see. The sweet angel that wrecked your heart for Africa came right up to me... looking like a new person. I've known her to be sorrowful and clingy for a long time. She bears the proof of pain on her face and always carried it in her eyes.

But today I saw that you are praying for her daily. Her eyes were shining; she couldn't stop smiling; and she was giggling with friends all day. She wrapped herself around me and climbed up me for a ride on my back, and I spoke truth to her: I told her she's beautiful. She's perfect. She's loved. She's the daughter of Christ. And I told her how much you loved her... by name.



Thank you to every one of you who prayed. Just like Alyssa's story, I could physically see the impact of your prayers. You are making a difference in South Africa and in the Kingdom of God. And in my life. Thank you.

Keep praying - the strike is on a 21 day break to work out negotiations and such. Pray for stability, structure and safety in this country.

3 comments:

  1. Kacy,

    I am so excited to hear about this break! I am still praying but thank you for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I..don't even know what to say. This is the greatest thing i've ever read in my entire life. I have cried so so so many tears and prayed a thousand prayers for her.. She is so perfect. Thank you, I love you! I'm going to go ball my eyes out now. I AM SO HAPPY!!

    ReplyDelete