Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Today

Today is a day to celebrate life.

Today is my brother, Lennon's birthday. We sang, danced and celebrated his life just the way he likes it. With chicken and Michael Jackson.

To celebrate the works of Your hands.

The Pinnacle. Beautiful South Africa

To proclaim the glory in the story You’ve authored.


To believe what You say and to walk in Your promises.


That’s what today is.

Today is a day to take life for what it is and cling to The Way, The Truth and The Life. (John 14:6)

There are parts of today that hurt.

Today would have been my cousin Chaz's 27th birthday.  I made him his own cupcake, sang to him and celebrated how much I love him and miss him.

There are parts of today that bring joy.

I had the joy and honor today to be a part of a surprise for Nicki and the other volunteers in Dwaleni. A recent visitor saw a need and responded by purchasing tables and chairs so the women would have a nice place to prepare food as they serve over 200 orphaned and vulnerable children a week. They cried, sang and danced with joy in response to the generosity and love. 

Today is a day to be wrapped up in You.

All photos by Carly B
To be thankful for who You are and that You know and care about all the parts of today.

Today, I will celebrate who You are in my life and that You love enough to lose Yours for me.

I will celebrate that You called me worthy of full inheritance. Worthy of being part of Your family.

Family does it all together – the beautiful parts and the parts that hurt.

Today is a day to celebrate family.

2 comments:

  1. this picture of Lennon- priceless : ) I'm sitting in my student union by myself and just looked ridiculous because of the huge smile that it put on my face...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 27th birthday Chaz, you are really missed a lot by some awesome people! How amazing heaven will be when we can all be together then and what a birthday party you will have! I predict there will be a dance party with Kacy leading the way :) I can't wait to meet you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete