Friday, March 2, 2012

This Morning's Prayer

I'm taking Lifa back to his dad's house today after 2 weeks of bliss and thanksgiving! 


Inviting you into my prayers this morning... thanks for doing this with me.  

I don’t want to be numb today.
I don’t want to be broken or shut down.

Will You really fight for me today? Even if that does mean my faith is tiny?

I want to worship You in the desert, in the storm, in the in-between and in the all-the-time. These are the parts where You get to flex. Where Your love gets to be big and strong. Where You get to hold all of us in Your one hand – no matter how far apart we are.

You’re fulfilling promises in us over and over again. Thank you, Abba.

I need you more than I need to breathe. More than I need Lifa. More than I need anything. I need You.

I choose to believe You completely.

I believe You sent Your Son to die so Family could be restored.
To end the orphan crisis.
To set free. To deliver. To redeem.

Attune my heart for Your Big Picture. Your Kingdom. Your glory.

Again, today, I release my plans. I surrender my deepest desires and dreams at the foot of the cross, at the foot of the throne, into the sovereign and loving hands of My Maker. You hold my heart. You choose my highest good.

Every breath. Every hair on my head. Every passing thought.

You know about every child with every kind of hair. Every kind of skin. Every circumstance.

You know the child bound by slavery. Lord, let her go. Set her free.

You know the child trapped in abuse. Lord, deliver her.

You know the child set up for hopelessness, in line to perpetuate the orphan crisis. Lord, redeem him.

Savior, save us.
Deliver us from evil.
Redeem us.
Restore us.
Make all things new.

You did. You are. You will.

Receive this contrite heart today. It’s been broken. It’s been given away to others. It’s sought after it’s own dreams. But today it’s Yours completely. Today it’s running after the Healer, Restorer, Lover.

My dreams, my hopes, my plans are to always be closer to You. To know You more and experience You more.

That’s my dream for Lifa – wherever he goes, whatever he sees, whomever he’s with. Wrap Yourself around him like a cloak of protection that shines with Your Radiant Greatness. Let darkness flee at the sight of Your Light on him and in him. Let all the broken, dried out, orphaned hearts around him be compelled by the Light engulfing him and shining through his eyes and that little voice.

Lifa met Family. Let Family prevail everywhere he goes.

Set them free. Deliver them. Redeem them.

Darkness will flee every time this 4-year old, anointed little boy says Your Name, Jesus. Go in power before him. Give him a supernatural awareness of Your Presence with him always.

His Family is always with him. Never abandons him.

Set them free. Deliver them. Redeem them.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I hear the broken heart and mine breaks for both of you!!! I send you all my love and prayers!
    Mom Waters

    ReplyDelete