Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I believe...

I believe that God loves us profoundly. Indescribably.

I believe He knows us personally. Our names. Our hearts.

I believe that Jesus came and died on a cross so that we could have intimate communion with God. So that He could touch us, speak to us and live through us.

I believe that we all need Home - a place we are known and loved. Our HOME is the Kingdom of God, and while we are here, it's our job to bring the Kingdom to one another. Jesus calls us to care for the widows, orphans and those who've never experienced a Home in Christ.

God is calling me to extend Home to those who don't have one – specifically, orphans.

I'm going to South Africa with Youth With A Mission (YWAM) to participate in a Discipleship Training School (DTS). I will be staying at YWAM's South African base, Ten Thousand Homes, where they are living out Jesus' proclamation by bringing homes and hope to HIV/AIDS orphans. After 3 months of DTS, my team and I will travel to another African country for outreach for 2 months.

I believe God’s heart is for the American church to join this mighty Kingdom work. Will you pray for the Homes of the orphans and Africans I will encounter, as well as follow me prayerfully on my blog? I appreciate your prayers for the details of the trip as well, as I am just beginning raising support, will be moving out of my apartment in a few weeks and arranging all the details for the journey ahead.

I will be raising $9000 for 8 months of traveling, training and ministry, as well as money to build a house for a family unit to give Home to a few orphaned children. It only takes 1000 bricks to build a house for 4 - and it only costs $3/brick!

My church, Bay Area Community Church in League City, TX, is sending a team to join me in July to put their hands and feet into His work, and build the house we raise. I believe God has already started working in us as a body to turn our hearts toward the Kingdom together.

I feel like I have a front row seat into a big, big work God is doing and I'm honored to be a part of it. I believe this is our mission, and that we can join together for the good of Africa's orphans and for the glory of the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment