Thursday, October 22, 2009

Quote of the day...

I have an 87 year-old friend.

She's had a hard time adjusting to the idea of me leaving the country and not being able to visit with her every week. I couldn't help smiling from ear to ear when she said this today:

"I'm positive God wants you to go to Africa. If you do half the good for one of those orphans that you've done for me, then you're home safe. You're kinda like Oprah without the money...

...but I'm kindly concerned. You're 25? I guess you still have 10 years or so... Honey,I want you to find your husband. You need to read John 14 and ask the LORD to provide a husband for you."

Amen. And Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. between this lady and my grandmother, there are *many* a fervent prayers being sent up daily on behalf of our love lives! So awesome that you have this kind of wise and mischievous friend in your life. And I'm so excited to hear about the next adventure in your life. Thanks for keeping me posted :)

    ReplyDelete