Thursday, July 8, 2010

Turning mountains into moments.

One more week of adjusting to this "new normal", and God's faithfulness is written all over it. There have been moments where I've wondered what I'm doing here - even wondering if I've gotten this all wrong.

And then God gives me a moment:

A leopard walking out in front of our car at Kruger Park.

Watching Isabelle steal kisses and hugs from Lifa at the Ten Thousand Homes Staff vs. Mbonisweni soccer game.


Celebrating culture from far away - featuring an American soundtrack, sweet tea and I even snuck in a little "God Blessed Texas".


Trying to carry a bed up a mountain to squeeze into a tiny home for a family to have a nice place to sleep.

It's small moments this week that God's used to remind me that he hears and answers every single prayer. He's shown me that, since I lost my house on earth, He's given me a million more and deeper experiences of Home that I might not have known from my comfort zone.

It reminded me of what Jesus said, "Whoever finds his life wil llose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Mt 10:39)

With every moment, that makes a little more sense to me.

Pray for safe travels and more moments for me this weekend. I will be travelilng to Swaziland (a few hours taxi ride) with another staff member, Keri, to the Swazi YWAM base. We are going to share stories, build relationships and to dream alongside them. I can't wait to share pictures and stories when I return on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment