Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Record breaking temperatures and blessings

My toes have finally warmed up and I still haven't stopped smiling.

This weekend my thoughts, emotions and body temperature were ALL over the place. My good friend, Loryn, and I started planning a photo fundraiser over a month ago. Loryn is a gifted photographer and offered her time and talent for 30 min photo sessions for a $50 donation toward my trip. We planned for Friday, December 5th and crossed our fingers and said our prayers that it wouldn't rain because there was no back-up weather plan.

And then, Friday, Dec 4th it SNOWED IN TEXAS! I may have refered to it as a blizzard, even though not even one flake stuck on the ground. But, COME ON... SNOW! Needless to say, we got nervous. Loryn was driving in from San Antonio... in the blizzard.

Before we went to sleep Friday night, Loryn and I prayed that God would send His provision, His sunlight, His people, and that every detail would be taken care of in the name of His Glory.Prayers and prayers and prayers prompted us to press on.

So, we woke up Saturday morning, put on 3 of everything, defrosted the car, boiled gallons of water for hot chocolate, and set out at 7:15am in the 35 degree weather to see if any of the 13 families who signed up would come.

THEY CAME! And so did the sun! During 10 hours of posing, snapping pictures and jumping out of bushes with a tambourine to elicit a smile (that was my job), Loryn and I had the privilege of watching God's glory being revealed bigger and more beautiful with every hour that went by. Each detail was covered. And, trust me, there were A LOT of details.

Thank you, first and foremost, Loryn, for your servant-heart and for using your giftings for the glory of God. I pray you will be blessed ten-fold.

And thank you to the friends and families who braved the cold for a good cause! I hope you enjoy your photos and find warmth in the Truth that you gave your time and treasure toward the Kingdom this weekend. With your help, we raised $1782!

Check out Loryn's blog for a preview of the photos. They look awesome!

Also, thank you for those of you who've been praying for me financially. As I shared last week, I've been praying for $1000/week. Last week, by Wednesday, the Lord provided $1044 in addition to the $1728 at the photo fundraiser. No matter how big we dream, God is always bigger. I love serving a God I could never put a limit on.

Please join me in prayer for the next fundraiser, and let me know if you want to come. It's going to be FUN!

MYSTERY DINNER THEATER

Sunday, Dec. 13th at 6pm
Chabuca's in Webster, TX

Tickets are $30/person for a 3-course meal and an interactive mystery show. It's going to be a blast and all proceeds go toward bringing Homes and Hope to orphans and vulnerable children.

RSVP now! Kacychaffin@gmail.com


The photo fundraiser set-up:




The Harveys were the bravest, coldest bunch. They came for an hour photo session at 8am!




Loryn and the Oberts


1 comment:

  1. I'd do it again ... in colder weather... as long as I had the 'hoe that is

    ReplyDelete