Wednesday, December 30, 2009

So close to being so far away.


Less than two-weeks away!!!

Can you believe it? I'm just looking up in praise and thankfulness today, thinking of all the incredible people in my life and that, even though God doesn't need me, He has chosen me to do a part of His work.

Amazing.

My toes are hanging off the edge of what will surely be my biggest leap of faith and transforming experience yet. I'm so ready for the leap - except for the part about bags being packed or anything that involves actually being physically prepared.

Details Schmetails.

Don't worry, responsible people of the world, I am giong shopping with Morgan and Baby Lucas today and going to NaNa's to dig around for my Kenya skirts. Seeee..... progress. :)

I've been so thankful to be able to absolutely bask in quality time the past two weeks. We had an incredible time at the beach house relaxing, eating, laughing, eating, playing wii, eating, and walking on the beach with family and friends. And this week, I've been so thankful for the good things in life like cousin dates, pedicures, and baby kisses. I truly feel like God is filling me up with love and support from every angle before I go.

Between all the good food, good conversations, and fabulous baby love, my prayers are that I will love the Lord my God with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my mind, and with all my strength. And to love my neighbor as my self. Always and everywhere. (Mark 12:29-21) I'm praying that God sends workers to His harvest (Luke 10:2) - that I may be His worker every day and that Bay Area Community Church will rise up together, as a body working for the Kingdom of God, and be transformed as they transform. Please join me in these prayers, as well as prayers for my physical, mental and spiritual health as I prepare and as I travel.

Thank you for reading my blog, for supporting me, and for knowing me. I truly believe that staying connected through our different experiences and using our different giftings is just as significant in this mission as any other part. You can now subscribe to my blog for email updates by scrolling down and putting in your email address on the left-hand column.

Please keep reading. Please keep praying. And please keep seeking the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church, he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have supremacy, for God was pelase to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heavn, by making peace through his blood shed on the cross."
-Colossians 1:15-20

No comments:

Post a Comment