Sunday, January 3, 2010

Overloaded with Overflow



Attention: My paper chain is travel-friendly now.

It's so small, it fits in my purse! (Which of course means I take it everywhere I go.)

There are only 9 links left representing 9 days till I depart for South Africa!

I must confess that I am on overload right now and would be grateful for your prayers on this last 9-day stretch! I'm resisting the idea of even thinking about packing with every fiber of my being. It's driving NaNa crazy!
The past few weeks have been filled with coffee dates, silly pictures and extra squeezy hugs. Just how I like it. I am so so filled with the love and encoruagement of the incredible people God has put in my life. I have so often said in passing this week that I feel unprepared mentally and emotionally for this trip - But now that I'm sitting here, I'm realizing that God is up to His usual "MY-plans-are-better-than-your-plans" sneak attack. He has filled me up to overflow with authentic love and being wholly loved and deeply known.

I could use your prayers now for a time for peace and rest. I have been so busy visiting and planning, that I don't think I've spent a moment to be still in weeks. I am praying for provision for a 2-night personal retreat in Galveston this week to rest and be with Jesus. Once I get to Africa, I will probably have no or very limited personal space and time. Please join me in prayer for time to hear God, worship God and rest deeply in His love.

And NOW... let's watch a slideshow! (Are you as excited as I am that I learned how to embed a slideshow?)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to my longtime family-friend, Tammy Pennington, for supporting this mission, coming to the Mystery Dinner Theater and for taking pictures for us to remember what a marvelous and mysterious  night that was!



Thank you everyone for taking this trip on as your own. Your prayers and financial support make this trip yours. God has walked with us every step of the way. I hope I can sit with you (even if it's via blogspot) to reflect on how He's blessed this process and time of preparation as I prepare to travel.

I have so many things I want to share on this blog before I go. I'm going to try to post small things often in this next week and a half so please subscribe and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment