Monday, November 30, 2009

Plane Tickets, Paper Chains and Prayers, OH MY

There's a date. There's a time. There's a TICKET!

I'm excited, anxious, elated, nervous, delighted and so, so pleased to announce that I will be leaving for South Africa in 43 days!

January 12, 2010 at 6:25pm from IAH? Who wants to have a party?

Thank you to those of you who have supported me financially and prayerfully this far. The ticket (one-way) was purchased today, and now it's all about the paper-chain countdown.

I LOVE making paper-chains. It's something to celebrate everyday, something to remind you to pray every night, and something to remind you to cherish every moment instead of letting them sneak by. Check out Macie and the paper chain below!

I had a wonderful week of vacation and now am looking at my last two weeks of work, orchestrating fundraising events and speaking at life groups. Everything in sight is good, but sometimes it seems there is sooooo much in sight. I've been overcome this week with "to-do's" and stressors, anxious about fundraising, and feeling like there was too much going on all the way around me.

Then Jesus whispered.

"Stop managing and start worshipping."

So I sat down with Him today and gave it all back. The details. The concerns. The projects. And I worshipped.

He is good. He is a Sovereign and Mighty Provider and Protector. More than enough. More than I could ever fathom.

Please join me this week in prayer for financial support for my travels to South Africa.

I'm praying for $1,000 a week from here on out. I BELIEVE.

Will you pray expectantly?



No comments:

Post a Comment