Sunday, November 1, 2009

To-Do or Not-To-Do...

What a busy week! I've been finding myself getting all swirly and lost in the details of how to raise support and share about Africa WHILE trying to figure out the details about moving out and moving on. What furniture goes where, when to meet with who, how to get this to there... You know the drill.

If I made a list, I think there would be at least 438 things to-do on it.

I also have felt a lull in what has been nothing but an exciting ride thus far. God has moved in so many incredible ways toward directing my path to South Africa that I've stayed on an adrenaline-powered spiritual roller coaster. The to-do's slowed me down, along with feeling the burden of a short amount of time and a lot of money to raise. This week I felt some discouragement by family members worried my fundraising being an inconvenience or a burden. I realized it was really starting to get to me and infiltrate my heart despite being so so so sure that God is my Provider.

I saw down with full intentions of pouting with Jesus this morning. And boy did I pout. I worried, wondered, and worshiped. (Thank you Fall Back for an extra hour to make all of these W's possible.)

I told Him I was completely overwhelmed. I was worried I had been reduced to being inconsiderate and childishin the eyes of the family members I look up to and care about the most. It was weighing so heavily on me.

He reminded me that, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor." (Mark 6:4) Jesus understood. I was talking to the right guy.

I certainly don't belong on the same page as Jesus and don't necessarily command a lot of honor, but Jesus understands not being understood. And He went there anyway... all the way to the cross.

When I was coming out of church, I received a text message telling me someone was going to buy me a video camera... And then someone gave me 100 stamps for support letters and told me she'd provide all the stamps I need for support letters. I felt like God was meeting me in the overwhelmed and telling me He is SO GOOD and SO BIG, He's already working on the details.

I'm astounded in His presence.

I would still like to ask for your prayers for financial provision. I am raising $9000 for my trip in January. So far, I have $360. Please pray that there is ample time to get the word out, bless people by doing so, and raise an abundance in funds.

Thank you so much. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment