Monday, November 22, 2010

well, well, well....

Soundtrack: New Kids on the Block Christmas album (Don't judge... just try to have a Funky, Funky Christmas.)

Disclaimer: There's no Thanksgiving in S Africa and our ministry goes on break for December, so we're going into Christmas mode now!

I know what you're thinking: Don't worry, we are having a Thanksgiving feast on base! Roasted chicken... with all the traditional American Thanksgiving fixin's!

And we're back...
Saturday we are inviting the local volunteers that give hours of their time every week to prepare meals and pour into the children at the 5 weekly feeding programs we participate with. We're inviting volunteers from all three communities to come to be honored with a special meal and first-class treatment.


I've been really feeling God pushing me to do things well for His glory lately. I want to love well and serve well. I want to be intentional about what I'm doing.



Jesus was intentional about everything He did - to the point of dying on a cross for the most redeemingly painful display of loving and serving well. 

So I am praying that we can serve and love the volunteers well. And that I can learn from them - who already love and serve well - how to be more like Jesus. Pray with us that they will feel honored, loved, known and delighted in. Pray that they'll feel recognized for their selflessness and abounding love.

We took some extra steps today in our staff meeting to be creative and to get into the mindset of loving and serving well.

Made from scratch! I'm not gonna lie... I'm thrilled with myself.



Raising money for the Volunteer Christmas Celebration. Using ornaments to make pledges.



Putting the extra time in to set our focus, hearts and tones on living by His standards was so worth it this morning. As the holiday season gets going and our heads are being turned in a bajillion different directions, let's take a moment to refocus ourselves on what the hubbub is all about. A little baby boy who came and did a lot more than google gingerbread recipes and break out the glitter and glue sticks to love well and serve well. It's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great and like so much fun. Give Isabelle a huge hug for me!

    ReplyDelete