Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Honneeyyyy, I'm....

...sitting on the floor in the Joburg airport. 

I'm READY!



We won't talk about saying goodbye to Lifa, my Mbonisweni family or my Ten Thousand Homes family on base right now.

Let's talk about Ricky Ricardo... k?

He's famous for it....
"Honeeyyyy, I'm hoooomme....."

It wasn't the comfy couch, the kitchen table or that twin bed next to Lucy's he was so happy to come home to at the end of the day. It was Lucy. His person. His family.

I'm feeling a thousand different emotions in the comings, goings, reflections, celebrations, and hugs.

I'm remembering a prayer I prayed desperately 6 months ago when I decided to join staff at Ten Thousand Homes: "Lord, please give me something to miss when I go visit the States for Christmas. Please make me feel home in South Africa, at least a little. I don't know if I can do this."

How faithful my God is! 

I had a perfect week of thankfulness, family and goodbyes. The Thanksgiving Splits from my last post... still going strong. Maybe even stronger.

I feel like I have Lucy's all over the world.

My definition of home has nothing to do with an address. It has everything to do with family, being known and being loved so well by you.

I'm thrilled to come home to you! Only 36 hours away from hugging my mom for the first time in a year!

I will be with my mom in California December 1st - 9th.
Then I'm flying to Texas for the rest of the holidays! I will be there December 9th - February 7th.
Please pray for me as I do the splits on another hemisphere, adjust back to American culture, miss my Lifa terribly and share stories I believe I was created to share to extend the Family of God.
I would also like your prayers as I build a support team to join me prayerfully and financially with my work with families and orphaned and vulnerable children in South Africa. If you are interested in learning more, please contact me at kacychaffin@gmail.com. I'd love to share what's on my heart!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for always praying with me and for loving me so well. I can't wait to see you!

2 comments:

  1. niiice use of the ricardo analogy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you forgot to mention Jan. 6-8, Chang reunion in Sea-Tac, which is 36.58 days away, according to my countdown app on iphone. I CAN"T WAIT!

    HY

    ReplyDelete