Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Persons, places and things... Oh My!

I'm Here! I'm Here!



I've been back in the States for a week now, spending time in California with my mom and friends from the two years I spent in LA while studying at Fuller Theological Seminary. It's been a perfect transition place before heading back to Texas... TOMORROW! (see pics below!)

I've hopped around from place to place and person to person since my arrival, surprised every time at the waves and degrees of feeling known that have washed over me in moments, memories, hugs and conversations. God truly has given me family so many times and in so many ways.

God truly has pieced my story together perfectly. 
Incredibly. Beautifully. Lovingly. Extravagantly.
And I want to be a part of His story in that same way. 
Incredibly. Beautifully. Lovingly. Extravagantly. 

Through visiting parts of my story, He spoke to parts of me I didn't even realize I needed to connect with. He inspired me and reminded me of the intricate ways He fashioned me.

For the next two months, I'll be revisiting the people and places that shaped my story. that encouraged, inspired and spoke into who I am. The adjectives, nouns and conjunctions of Christ's story in me.

My people and my moments matter so much to Him and to me. He's given me an undeserved favor in connecting my worlds and showing me how well and how deeply He knows me, even when I've tried to run in opposite directions.

My everyday nouns - my people, places and things - are on the other side of the world, in South Africa.

My daily life looks a lot different from everyone else's here, in America.

But it's all part of the same story. 

The Bible is a book of stories that all tell one big story: One of grace, salvation, adoption and love.

Jesus walked around with his friends telling stories with the same moral: We belong in the Kingdom of God, and it's worth all it costs.

My head and my heart are still swimming with jet lag, San Diego sand, woo woo coffee, the right side of the road and all of the people and places that have made a profound impact in my story - just in California alone!

But today I am clinging to my anchor and the deep-down understanding that we were all created to be His most delighting and perfectly-chosen nouns, adjectives and conjunctions into the Greatest Love Story. 

I am overwhelmed and confident in the belief that I've been given such a gift and unique opportunity...

It's conjunction time, people!

I want to tell YOU all about my nouns. YOU who have shaped, inspired me and YOU who will.

We've all been invited into the same Big Story. The same family.
All of us. All around the world. It's time to connect the dots... to connect the parts of His story and get the whole family around the dinner table together.

I want to be a conjunction for the nouns in South Africa who've become my family to those of you who taught and are teaching me family in the States. I'm amazed at how well you do family already, and can't wait to see it happen around the world, all together.

I'm celebrating all the parts of my story coming together for the next two months. And awaiting the day we all come together for the biggest, Most Glorious Story.

Your Kingdom Come, Lord... 

The parentheses: 
(To work out details on story-swapping, hugging or joining in this story through becoming part of my support team, please email me at kacychaffin@gmail.com. I CAN'T WAIT!)


A few of the memories and moments I've experienced this week....


Rosa! I'm home! Gimme a kiss!
My first new friend turned out to be a South African pastor coming to visit Fuller! He gave the best hug ever.
What else would you do when you've been on a plane for two days?

Reunited with Lily!
Santa Monica Ferris Wheel - I've missed this beautiful scenery!

Back at Fuller. The view of campus from the library with Drea. 

Local coffee shops. My personal little piece of heaven.


2 comments:

  1. I love you Princess Kacy! Thank you thank you thank you for sharing, this was amazing to read and deeply touched my heart.

    Praying with and for you sweetie.

    Remember to be a sponge while you're here.

    ReplyDelete