Thursday, April 14, 2011

It Does A Body Good

With a title like that you can only be thinking of two things...

MILK and DANCING!?!

Right?

Almost a week since I saw Lifa, and the deliriously happy grin has been wiped off my face and replaced with a seemingly bottomless longing to be close to family - to him, to my mom, my sister, my NaNa, my cousins... everyone. My cottage has felt so much more empty in the past week as I wait "patiently" for God in a million different areas. I've been praying and praying, trying to live in the Truth that it's only and completely about holiness. It's about basking in His presence above and beyond any list of prayer requests and even more than how much I love Lifa...  And that's a lot! 

I've felt myself turn inward and wrestle with, and sometimes even wallow in loneliness. A crazy aftershock after the showering of love and family last Friday.

SO, I walked into a perfect surprise at Dwaleni today. There was a special TB awareness event at the clinic, so the feeding changed venues so the children and workers could be at the event. After a long day of sitting quietly in school, the students were expected to sit quietly and listen to talk about TB. So every 15 minutes or so, when they just got too antsy, the DJ (Why wouldn't there be a DJ?) would play a 15 second dance party.

It was perfect. And these kids can dance.

And then when it was feeding time, the kids got a great surprise - fresh milk! A rare and delicious treat some savored and stared at, while others gulped down right away.

And as those bones were fortified with the good stuff, the dance party really took off!

Just what the doctor ordered...

Milk Moustaches and Dance Parties.
It REALLY does do a body... and a heart... good. 















1 comment: