Friday, April 29, 2011

Lifa Update!

This guy should have his own blog! He's certainly worth more daunting, delighting and perfect love than I could ever manage to put into words. (I'd rather spend all my time holding him, hugging him, kissing him and playing with him than writing about him anyway.)

That's the Good News!!

MONDAY IS LIFA DAY!!!!

(waiting for the chair-bouncing, giggling and squealing to subside... Oh wait, was that just me?)

Here are the details. I want you to know them because we need your persevering prayers in every single step.

Prayer Point 1: Travel
Monday is a South African holiday, so it's a long weekend and my pastor will just be coming home that morning at 9am from a weekend wedding. Pastor Sthembiso is our SiSwati-speaking, culturally savvy, pastoral connection to Lifa's father - he's walking with me through this and the guy who knows how to get to where we're going.
- Pray that Pastor will actually make it back from the wedding at 9am real time Monday morning rather than "Africa time"... which would probably be after 3pm. 
- Pray for safety, divine conversation and God's presence during our 8+ hours in the car. And PRAISE GOD providing me with a safe, reliable car and for John Shaw for offering to drive us in it!

Prayer Point 2: Family
When we arrive to the community of Bethal, we will pick up Lifa (!!!!!) and his father and take them to meet the father's sister. This could be an incredible beginning of God starting a movement and opening up paths in our story. I'm so nervous though!
- Pray for my peace and that I cling to what God's promised rather than my own fears and insecurities.
- Pray that Lifa's auntie has an overwhelming experience of the love of God and the creative ways He provides families through our interaction. Pray that she feels loved, known and included in a part of a beautiful plan. 

Prayer Point 3: Time
Lifa's father said that we can discuss how long Lifa will stay once we get there. Again... nervous and almost afraid of this conversation. BUT, super-heroes John Shaw and Pastor Sthembiso are on our team. Just the kind of men we want in our family! They intend on setting a minimum of a 2-week stay because of the distance and time it takes in transport alone. I don't know what the father has in mind. I don't know if the sister is planning on weighing in on this decision. I don't know how they feel about any of this. AND my friends, Mona, Lindsay and Anda are coming in 2 1/2 weeks and I really, really, really, reallllly want them to meet Lifa.
- Pray for the conversation about how long Lifa can be at home. Pray for my pastor's words to be written and communicated by the Spirit of God rather than our own plans and desires.
- Pray for Lifa's father to feel like he and his sister have a voice, they are being respected, and they are being taken care of. 
- Pray for God's just-right timing and that Lifa is home long enough to get his sparkly back, to experience home and to know he is loved and belongs in our family. Pray for all of our peace on the timing of his stay - and that we would all be surprised with the outcome and God's sweet sovereignty flowing through it. 

Did I mention I'm nervous?

Nervous yet unspeakably grateful for the role you are playing. Your prayers. Your love. And the Truth you speak into me and for me.

Please keep interceding for Lifa, myself and Lifa's biological family. Keep praying for this family movement that God is directing like the most beautiful symphony. 

I can't wait to send you updates!
Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, Kacy!! Hope you can sleep between now and Monday!!! :) I'll be praying for you, Lifa, and all his "family!"

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I, too, was chair-bouncing, giggling and squealing! Can't wait to see new pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i HAVE to meet him. no ifs, ands or buts about it. see you both real, real soon! my paper chain is getting shorter, you know what that means!

    ReplyDelete