Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Constant

Jesus,


I need you. There's too much going on.


My person is hurting. Teams are coming. My family's grieving. My body's groaning. Relationships need building. Communities are changing. Guatemala's drowning. Houses are burning. Life doesn't stop.


YOU never stop.


Forgive me for every moment that I keep my mind, my heart, and my eyes on the verbs. I want my heart and my life set on The Constant.

You are My Tower. My Refuge. My Strength. You don't waver.

You part seas. You move mountains. At your voice, the earth melts.

You're The Constant.

Jesus, people are getting washed away in Guatemala. People are wasting away and abandoned in Africa. People are being sold into slavery all over the world. People are grasping to fill voids with anything in arm's reach in America.

You know them all. Every face. Every name. Every heart.

And you love them all the same. Perfectly.

You're The Constant.

Nothing about me is constant.

You Are Constant.
You are Love. Perfect love that is impossible for me to make sense of - especially when the details come in. And stories. And experiences. And me.

You're The Constant.

I can't understand how You are everything and more than I need. But it's even more than that. Thank you for being more than a feeling, a moment, a story. Thank you for being The Constant. The perfect thread connecting the feelings, moments, stories and more all together.

A Constant thread of love. Beyond faces. Facts. Time. Places.

You're The Constant.

You're Home.
And more than that.

You won't go. Even when I try and turn away. The Constant.

And You...
The Constant...
You call me Yours...
All the time.

You call me Beloved.
You say You are pleased with me.
Nothing about me is constant.
You are The Constant.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment