Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Mornings Will Never Be The Same

Last Sunday morning changed something deep inside me. I didn't see it coming.

There was something Kingdom-sized and something so right about having my two church homes worshiping together. Knowing each other.

They've heard stories about each other.

They've seen pictures of each other.

But, last Sunday, Bay Area Community Church came around the world and joined in the work the Evangelical Reform Church in Mbonisweni was already doing. They didn't come to "fix" it or change it. They came to participate.


Pastor Sthembiso and Pastor Steven

I didn't see it coming, but that union, that celebration, made me feel so known and so loved by God and by my Home people. At first I thought it was purely selfish delight. I needed people there to know me here. But, after a lot of processing, praying and a few good Skype calls, I'm starting to understand that the part about being known and feeling loved is the way we're wired.

We're designed to be in a family, working as the Body of Christ. We all need to be known ww are here we are and to know that we are all in this same world, living for the same Kingdom together.


My BACC family visiting my family in Mbonisweni. This may be what my personal Heaven looks like. I'm just sayin...

Something changed deep inside me last Sunday. I don't have it packaged up into deep, meaningful, bloggish words just yet, but it was something that gave me a glimpse at the intricate intimacy of God's soveriegn design. I thought it was just a selfish want, but it's a Kingdom need. He gives us gifts, delights and the same soul cravings... and, even when we can't see it, they all fit together.

When my worlds came together and my churches prayed together, something changed in me. This morning I was in church in Mbonisweni and Bay Area Community Church is starting to set-up in League City, TX... but I think something changed in all of us and we are still doing this together.


photos by Carly B

No comments:

Post a Comment