Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why We Love Wednesday

I loved today.

Today was not a processing day. It was a normal, wake up to the African sunrise, and do what I do day. (With an added bonus of Starbucks coffee my church brought!)
I loved today. Here's why:
Went to Mbonisweni Feeding Program...



....To hang out with my people.

How Can You RESIST that beet-root face?

My GoGo and Sister, Zodwa, surprised me with a plant! I couldn't handle all the love they poured all over me. GoGo doesn't speak English, but told me in three languages that she loved me as she held me close and gave me full details (in SiSwati) on how to care for the plant. The love that radiates out of that woman and the welcome I feel in her family helps me understand the way God loves. So profoundly and so simply.

With Lennon's help, got all the volunteers who spend the entire day cooking together. Shared with them how my church had been moved by the way they served. They don't just throw food together, but they spend a day preparing a feast. They create community. They create programs to disciple the children to feed them spiritually as well. Made special time to celebrate them and share a gift: Radio London tshirts! They loved them. "Hey. Y'all are representing MY people who know how to rock out now. Please get on stage and act like rock stars." I've never seen them move so fast!

My boys came looking for me. :) They are perfect.


And then... on the way home... I reflected on how thankful I am to live in Africa while we waited for the cows to cross the road.

Thanks for enjoying my day with me! Hope you make time to take in the scenery and see God all around you.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, i wish i could be there more than anything! i'm saving up my money!

    ReplyDelete